I read this on Heather's blog, and I thought it would be fun to think back to high school. It was a pretty interesting experience for me, and it's kind of fun (sometimes) to think back...even though my memory is horrible. But I'll give these questions my best shot!
My Junior Year Picture
1. Did you date someone from your High School?
Well, yeah my first boyfriend was Ryan, when I was 16. We were set up on a blind date on my 16th birthday and we dated for about 3 months. After that I didn't really have a steady boyfriend. I dated a little bit but mostly just hung out with groups of friends. Seemed easier that way!
Ryan and I at a school dance
2. What kind of car did you drive?
On occasion I would drive my mom's Pathfinder or my dad's Grand Prix when I had to work or something. I didn't have a car of my own until my second year of college, when I got Steve, the Pontiac Sunfire. I miss him sometimes.
Steve in his prime!
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of High School for you?
Oh gosh. I don't even know. I did a lot of stupid things but I didn't really get that embarassed. Although, there was one time that Heather and I were riding around town and I was driving my mom's Pathfinder. We were singing to the new Britney Spears cd at the top of our lungs, and as we got close to my house, I noticed a set of flashing red and blue lights. Then another. Then another. I pulled over thinking they needed to pass. Nope. They were there for me. Apparently, they had been following us for the past 2 or so miles, and we hadn't even noticed. The officer let me off with a warning...and it makes for a good story now! Not really embarassing, but no doubt the officer figured he was dealing with another underage blonde.
4. Were you a party animal?
Animal...not so much. But I did like to go to parties on occasion. I loved hanging out with friends and rarely did a weekend pass by where I wasn't out somewhere, much to my parents' dismay!
A group of Friends at a stomp
5. Were you considered a flirt?
You could say that. I didn't realize it at the time, but I did get called a flirt quite a bit. I just thought I was being friendly! haha *shrugs*
6. Were you in Band, Orchestra, or Choir?
I was in Advanced Ladies choir my sophomore year, and then Show Choir (or Madrigals, whatever it was called) my Junior and most of my Senior year. Singing was a big part of my life then, and it still kind of is, but not nearly as much. Now it mostly consists of me singing at the top of my lungs in the car or the shower!
My friends Angie and Sarah and some random guy during a choir competition
7. Were you a nerd?
You know, it's funny. Those that know me best wouldn't consider me a nerd. But one time I went to a blood drive to make up some unexcused absences, and some of the "rebel guys" were there. When they asked why I was there, they were all shocked, and said, "But you're like a nerd - why would you have unexcused absences?" It makes you wonder how people really perceive you!
8. Were you on any Varsity teams?
Varsity...no. But I was on the track team my freshman year. And I was the Varsity girls basketball camera man, which was kinda cool.
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled?
No. But I did spend quite a few days after school making up the days I decided I had better things to do with my friends then go to class (like road trips to Cedar City....) ha ha
10. Can you still sing the fight song?
Let's see....Team fight for dear old Wasatch, our dear high school...fight for our honor always is the rule...da da da da...ummmm ok I guess the answer would be no. ha
11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Would it be sad if I didn't have any??? If I had to choose, I would probably say Mrs Turnblom (I think that's how it's spelled) because she was a total spaz. Oh yeah and Ms Kutsulis was a total spazzy Spanish teacher and it made it kinda fun. But there really isn't one teacher that stands out. The one that does is actually an 8th grade Science teacher I had...Mrs Conlin. She was amazing.
12. Where did you sit during lunch?
Depends on who I had lunch with. Most of the time we went out - sometimes we ate in the Senior hall, sometimes in the commons area, I don't really know. Just wherever.
At a Halloween Dance - four of us were the Pink Ladies. This is really a horrible picture! ha
13. What was your school's full name?
Wasatch High School
14. School mascot?
Wasp. Blah. Lame.
15. Did you go to Homecoming?
Homecoming...no. But I did go to a few other dances, like Prom, Senior Ball and Preference.
Prefence Senior Year - with Robby
Prefence Junior Year - with Brent
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Absolutely not.
17. What do you remember most about graduation?
It was super hot in the gym. Totally packed, and I was annoyed by the girl that spoke. And I remember I kind of wanted to cry when we sang with the Show Choir but then I remembered that I couldn't wait to get out of high school and move on!
Heather and I after finally escaping the sauna that was graduation.
18. Where did you go Senior Skip Day?
Lagoon! With Heather and Valerie and Emmy. I got sunburned that day. It was so much fun!
19. Were you in any clubs?
Yes - Spirit club, FBLA - I LOVED going to the competitions. I won first place in public speaking and word processing a few times each! It was a lot of fun! And my Senior year I was in Journalism, which was fun too. Let's see...I know I was in a couple more but I really don't remember! I was involved in the drama stuff I guess, because I was in a couple of plays - Lil Abner and How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
Lil Abner
How To Succeed
20. Have you gained some weight since then?
Definitely. Quite a bit actually. Ugh. But I'm working on losing it!!
In Hawaii with my parents and grandparents.
21. Who was your Prom Date?
One year it was Ryan, and the other year...well, I don't remember his name. How terrible is THAT? I think it was like Devon or something. He was really tall, as you can see.
22. 10 year Reunion? Are you planning on going?
Definitely not.
23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?
Save all your money, work harder at getting better grades for scholarships, get in better study habits, and develop a love for exercising!
Okay - if you just read this, now it's your turn to blog it!! Yay! I'll be checking.....so DO IT!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
High School Memories....
Posted by Scott and Alison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love it! Seeing some of your pictures and knowing the faces really takes you back. Made me think about going to Wasatch and knowing EVERYONE.
Yay!! You did it! Yeah, high school was...interesting. We actually had lots of fun (especially Junior year with our big group). The Junior Preference pic bummed me out (remember that fiasco? I still feel embarrassed sometimes - why did you talk me into asking that guy?). All in all, we have some fun memories, but I'm glad it's over! BTW, you remembered more of the fight song than I did - impressive. Okay, not really.
What a fun post! That really brings back so many memories. I can't believe how long ago that was. We are getting so old! You said that you are't planning on coming to our 10 year reunion, but you had better be there or I am coming and getting you and making you come!!!
High School, the good old days. Maybe not that good. I loved all the pictures, it brings back memories. Just so you know, the tall kid you're not sure of his name. It is Devon Langford, and he is a bite younger than you. I only know this because he is in the ward I grew up in. Anyway, isn't it great we can have experiences in life that shape and mold who we are today!!
you only dated for 3 months? it seems like it was so much longer. lol and i won't be filling this one out, and you know why. haha
Wow... everyone looks so young in those pictures. I don't know if I would dare post pictures from high school... reading your memories was fun though!
ps, i probably won't do this post because it may enduce a ptsd attack, but i wanted to comment on miss kutsulis. i have a story about her. i can't wait to share it with you.
Post a Comment