CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day!

Scott is the best husband ever.

Isn't he SO STINKING CUTE????

On Valentine's Day, he had to work from 7 am till 3 pm, so we didn't have plans till later. Around 3:15 he calls me to tell me he had to take a co-worker home so he'd be late. A couple minutes later, there was a knock at the door, and when I answered, I was greeted by a bouquet of white roses and a GIANT velour balloon! A couple minutes later, Scott walked through the door asking where I got the flowers and balloon!! Silly boy.







The beautiful flowers and balloon Scottie surprised me with!

I should know better, this isn't the first time he's done this kind of thing. When we got engaged, we had a ring custom made, and it wasn't going to be ready till a certain day. The day it was supposed to be ready, he was planning on coming to Provo (where I was living at the time) after he got off work to give me the ring and hang out with me. That night I got a call from him telling me the guy that was making the ring had cut his finger, and the ring wouldn't be finished for another couple of days. Then when Scott finally got to my apartment, he was dressed in a tux, with a huge bouquet of roses (which, BTW are my fav flower ever) and he got on one knee and asked me to marry him, with my ring in his hand! SO stinking CUTE!

So anyway, he's done that a couple of times - told me a little white lie and then gone and done something super sweet. And me being the naive blonde I am, I believe him every time!!

After he laughed at me for believing him AGAIN, he took me to my favorite restaurant - TGI Fridays for my favorite meal of a Jack Daniels Burger! Then we went to see He's Just Not That Into You. I read the book a couple years ago, and it was so great! The movie was good - I was impressed at how many big stars were in it! We had a lovely evening, and I was reminded all over again as to why I fell in love with him. He makes it hard for me to forget!! He is such a great husband and I am so lucky to have him! He works SO hard, and he's doing so well in school, and I'm constantly impressed by him. He never ceases to amaze me. So needless to say, I had a FANTASTIC Valentine's Day!




Not the best picture of either of us, but we had fun!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Very Fun!!! I also got white roses this year. White and red I guess, but anyway. I am really glad you had a nice day! My day as well wasn't to bad either! :)

Tricia said...

What a nice hubby you have! Your engagement story sounds identical to mine! Rob said that same thing about my ring too. He also loves to do surprizes like that. How fun!

Travis and Celena said...

What a sweet thoughtful husband you have. I am glad that you had a wonderful valentines day.

Anonymous said...

i love that last pic of scottie. i really don't celebrate vday, but it sounded romantic and cheesy, just the way you like it. thanks for sharing.