Last weekend, Scottie and I went up to Midway to spend some time with my sister, my nephew and my parents. That morning before we left, everything that could go wrong did, and I was in the WORST mood. Then we got to Midway where I had a meeting for school that went, well, okay. But I was already frustrated. And it just got worse. Everything was just making me mad. I hate being mad. So when Amy suggested that we all go out to the golf course and feed the ducks, I decided that things could only get better. And they did.
First we went to the golf course, where there is a HUGE pond filled with ducks. And one goose. We fed them some old hot dog buns and laughed at them as they fought over the bread. It really started to make me feel better.

The ducks!
Next we decided to go to the hot springs, because we haven't been there for years, and Scottie and our nephew had never seen them. We luckily remembered where they were, and we hiked down the muddy hill to nature's hot tub! I used to love going to the hot springs when I was in high school, and I was so happy to hear that the city had cleaned them up and made them a nicer place to visit! We didn't get in, of course, because we didn't have swimming suits or anything, but Amy put her feet in and we put our hands in.
This picture makes me laugh. We were both looking at the camera but as I pushed the button, we turned, and this is what was captured!
So steamy!!
On the way back to Amy's house, she decided to take a drive up Memorial Hill. A couple years ago, they totally redid Memorial Hill and made it a beautiful tribute to the soldiers from Wasatch County that have fought for our country in the various wars. They've installed wonderful plaques and a Final Salute statue. It's really a very special place.

The flags on top of the monument

One of the MANY lists of soldiers from Wasatch County that have fought in the wars
The flags on top of the monument
One of the MANY lists of soldiers from Wasatch County that have fought in the wars
Flags!
The main plaque
My attempt at taking a panoramic picture of the views from Memorial Hill
After visiting these wonderful places, I couldn't be in a bad mood anymore. We finished the night by playing Apples to Apples and having brownies and ice cream! I started to wonder why I hadn't spent more time visiting these places while I lived in Midway, but I'm glad I live close enough to visit them again soon!







4 comments:
Wow, I had never heard of that place in Midway. That is so cool that they did a tribute there!
I am glad that things were able to turn around for you. It's great going back to places that you grew up by and remembering fond memories from those places.
There are hot springs in Midway? lol I know where memorial hill is and it's cool that they re-did it. Where are the hot springs??
I love Midway. Sometimes, I can't believe we grew up in such a pretty place, you know? I haven't been to Memorial Hill since they did all that - I'm so glad they cleaned it up! And I'm also glad they cleaned up the hot springs. I'd only gone to them twice when we were in high school - one time there was trash and underwear (ewwww...) all over; the second time I went was after work with some of my fellow waitresses and our car was chased away by a naked guy (double ewwwwww...). Luckily, I didn't see anything (it all happened so fast...). Anyway, I'm glad our old stompin' grounds cheered you up!
Post a Comment