CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Time For Another....LIFE UPDATE!

It's been a hectic summer. And things keep on changing...

So here's what's new in the Warner home. First of all, about 3 weeks ago we found a new home for our cats, Jag and Jawz. It was just too hard to keep them, with how little time we spend at home these days. A woman who had a big huge house, 7 kids and 3 cats decided she wanted our boys for her...collection I guess. ha ha She provided each cat with it's own bed, litter box and food bowl as well as a child's lap to cuddle in. I was happy to see them go to such a great family. I miss them a lot, but Scottie promised me that when we buy our house, we'll get a cat to go with it.

Scott no longer works his part time security job so I get to have him home at night now! I am happy about that. He works full time at the Juvenile Detention Center. He is so good at his job and I am so proud of him! He is one of the few staff members there that can really get through to the kids and get them to do what they're supposed to. It could be because they are afraid to mess with him (and I don't blame them), but he is the kind of guy you can't help but respect and like. He's just amazing like that.

Scottie started school yesterday. He is going to Salt Lake Community College for his Bachelors. We're both excited to have him back in school, although we have to pay for it out of pocket since the government decided we made $1000 too much last year. Pfffffffft. You do what you have to do I suppose.

I start school on Tuesday. I'm attending the University of Phoenix for a Masters in School Counseling. I am actually going through the program with my sister Amy, so I am really excited that we get to do that together. So in two years I'll officially be able to be a school counselor! I am so thrilled about it! I'm getting closer to my ideal career!

We've still slowly been working on the adoption papers, but we are having a hard time with it now that we're both back in school. We're considering waiting for a little while longer before filing them. It just isn't feeling right at the moment. I want to be a mother so badly, but I also want to make sure that it feels right and that things are working out as they should. I know it's not something we should put off for long, heck, I'll be 27 in 5 months. I just know that I will know when the time is right.

My job with DCFS has gotten a teeny tiny bit easier. I sort of have an idea what I'm doing. And with my caseload growing bigger and bigger, I'm learning a lot FAST. I love my office, my coworkers are fantastic people, and I really do enjoy this job so much! I am really lucky to have it. And with this new schedule of having Fridays off, I get one whole day to myself to just get my house looking decent, laundry done, bills paid and then spend the "real" weekend with Scott without having to worry about chores! It's great. Of course the 10 hour days are still taking some getting used to - especially on days like Tuesday when 7 of my 10 hours are spend in court trials. Ugh.

Finally, we're actually losing weight! Scott and I have been very diligent on our "diet" (it's not really a diet per se, it's more of an eating-right-not-eating-out-anymore kind of deal). We have fresh fruit and vegetables every day, wheats and grains every day, as much dairy as we can handle (being lactose intolerant makes that one hard but dairy helps with weight loss), and we eat sugar pretty sparingly. It's made a huge difference in my day to day activities - I have so much more energy and I feel like I get so much more done. And my clothes are fitting better! I don't have an actual amount in pounds of how much I've lost so far, because I am not so concerned about that. I'm concerned about how I feel and about how my clothes fit, and how I see myself when I look in the mirror. I still have a WAYS to go, but I've done this before, I can do it again.

It's funny how each of us are handed our own little struggles to deal with in our lives. My big struggle my whole life has always been my weight. When I was a missionary, I was finally at my ideal weight after having lost 70 lbs. Coming home and getting married was detrimental on my waist line, and I gained it all back. My goal for now is to lose 50 of it before next June. My sister Anne is getting married in Mexico, and it's going to be fabulous. But I want to feel and look good then! It makes things a little easier when I have a goal to shoot for. So wish me luck!

That's about all that's really changed. It's been awfully strange without Sean around, and we're still trying to get used to that. He's been gone a month now, but it will take many years before our hearts are fully healed. You can't have a person like him in your life and easily recover from losing him.

Anyway, thanks for reading! I really do need to find a way to make my blog entries a LOT shorter....

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck with the weight! I am right there with you. It is hard. Congrats on school, and work. You guys sound so happy, but busy! I love having blogs so that way we can keep in touch. :)

Heather said...

Yay!! An update! Sounds like things are going pretty good with you guys. I'm glad your job is getting easier - well, considering that you have one of the most stressful jobs I can imagine! And, not to sound like a know-it-all, but stick to your gut about when you're ready to become a mom - there will come a day when you just know (yes, that's a cliche, but it's true!) it's the right time. When you feel 100% right about it, you'll enjoy being a mom more (at least that's been my experience!).

Also, keep it up with the weight loss efforts! I'm in the same boat with you. I've lost 10, but I've got 20 to go before I'll even consider giving Max a sibling (and that's not even my final goal weight, to my "wedding weight" when I was at my ideal...sigh).

We can't wait to see you guys next Friday!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the update! Good luck with school - I miss those days sometimes! And, I have to admit that I read your post while I was snarfing a whole bag of cheese-nips. You've inspired me to put them away for the night and drink a big glass of water instead. :)

Travis and Celena said...

So good to see you happy and doing well. I am glad to hear that things are working out so well with your schooling and your goal weight loss. I need to get on that. I know what you mean about getting married and your ideal weight being shot! I am glad you found me and left me a comment. I hope you come back to visit and I will do the same.

The Cox Family said...

Wow, you guys are really busy. I am not sure how you are able to do all of that! It will be worth it in the end though. I have thought about going back to school as well, but haven't done much about it.
I wish you the best of luck with the weight loss and know that you both will do great!

A. B. said...

ahem. TWENTY SEVEN IS NOT TOO OLD TO BE A MOTHER!!! I'll have you know that being older and wiser is better...and trust me, you've not come even close to reaching your peak yet--you know, the top of the hill. My cutie cousin who turned 21 yesterday was born when his mom was 38 or 40 and she was always fine...and she had to give BIRTH!! haha :) hang in there cutie...it'll all work out ;)