CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Locks of Love!

Well, I finally did it! I've been waiting a few months to actually do this, and now it's DONE!

Tonight I went to Scott's mom's house where I had her cut off 10 inches of my hair, put it in a plastic baggy, and then put it in an envelope addressed to LOCKS OF LOVE!



I'm SO happy about this! I've been growing my hair since Nov 2004 when I got home from the mission till now with this goal in mind. It was SO crazy! We put my hair in a ponytail, and then Scott's mom (who is a hairdresser) sawed through the hair and then handed me my ponytail! When she gave it to me, I just cracked up. It looked SO wierd. And my head felt SO light! I hadn't realized just how heavy all that hair was!

The last picture of my long hair...
She then proceeded to give me a super cute haircut, one that I picked from a hairstyle gallery online. I absolutely love it! Granted, I love having long hair. I had long hair my whole life till just before I left for WI. I kept it short for the next 2 years, and then grew it long again when I got home. It's fun to have changes in my hairstyles and this summer is going to be extra hot, so it will be nice not having 10 inches of my ridiculously thick hair making my neck so hot!


The cute teeny pigtails I put my hair in when I got home. I love them!

I'm so excited to be doing this, especially because someone who really needs it will get my hair and it will totally improve their life. I can always grow more hair, but so many people can't. I especially relate to this due to my brother-in-law Sean who has had cancer for years, and is bald from the radiation and chemo. I hope a little girl who was blonde before gets my hair and enjoys it as much as I did!



My ponytail right after it was cut! And then again after it was brushed and ready to be packaged!

1 comments:

Heather said...

AWESOME!! How lame am I - I cut my hair last year for locks of love and I still have the ponytail. Duh. I need to send it, I just hate having to juggle everything, including Max, at the post office in the long lines. Some kid is bald and I am a jerk for not sending it. You've inspired me! I'll send it this week!

I'll bet your hair looks cute all short!